Monday, September 22, 2008

THINGS ARE RETURNING TO NORMAL



Now that the laundry is done and the house is straightened up I can begin to settle back into reality!! Briggs kept telling me that nothing new had happened when I was away, which made me feel great, but then he went on to show me his mid semester report cards and that totally made my day. He is making all A's again and it makes me so proud of him. He is in the 8th grade this year, all new stuff and so far so good. He has been accepted to participate in the Show Choir again this year and is currently working on the music for the All State Band, which is causing him to work hard at it. He is playing the French Horn and I can honestly say that for the first time I can stand to listen to the music he makes from that instrument. I know what your thinking... what kind of mother is she... but those old memories of Ryan and him learning the clarinet came flooding back in and I had to hold tight just to get through his practice times. Really!!!
He played the Trumpet for Jazz Band and I really LOVED that... his band teacher is awesome and made this whole learning process fun for us parents. His Jazz concert at the end of last year was awesome and I was so pleased with the fun they had and also the music they played. Great job.
Briggs has a goal this year to stay on the Honor Roll at school and if he does this he will of been on the Honor Roll for all three years of Middle School. I am giving him as much positive reinforcement as I can. I am posting his latest sculpture he has made in his Art class. He tells me he has another one that I will just love. (It's the Phantom of the Opera). I will post that one too later!!

1 comment:

Ladybug143 said...

Sounds like you've got a great kid!