Monday, March 2, 2009

Mike and Alex's Birthday Surprise!!










What a fabulous weekend this was!!
For two weeks me and my boys have been keeping a BIG secret and it's amazing that we were able to pull it off and do such a great job at it, I might add!! Alex flew here on Sunday morning and unbeknown to Mike he flew into town and had his brothers pick him up from the airport and bring him all the way over to our town to attend church, all for a surprise to their dad for his 50th birthday!! Dad was conducting at church and it was no big deal when his sons and daughters in law walked in to join the sacrament service, but while conducting Mike watches as Alex comes into the meeting and mid sentence dad notices who was walking in and dad just stares... says "ummmmmmmmm... sorry, but my son just walked in", then continues on with whatever it was that he was saying... it was classic!! You know all of us Kelloggs down in the pews were smiling with glee as we just got to shock dad so completely that he didn't even have words or whits about him to fake the utter surprise we did on him!!!!! Life is good. Later we got to go to Mikes sisters mother in laws 95th birthday, what a great treat is was for all of us. Had a great time there, then we went home to have a turkey dinner with all the fixins!! I really didn't know this morning whether or not Mike had some kind of inkling that the day was going to be special or what because we normally don't have a turkey other then at Thanksgiving... but what a great un-thanksgiving it was for all of us!! Have I told you how much I LOVE my family??!! Well, I DO!! Alex even brought some darling drawings that my grand daughters made for me. See the pics of them... Not only do I have an awesome family, cute grand children, but artists even!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

How fun!! I love surprises, but I am no good at keeping secrets! It sounds like you guys had a great party!!

Ladybug143 said...

It was pretty amusing to see Mike trying to bear his testimony with such a distraction! :)