Saturday, February 5, 2011

BRIGGS and WRESTLING 2011



Well... it's already February... and nothing seems to be happening other then WRESTLING... and I say that with capitol letters... NOT because of our love of HS wrestling, but more because it is all consuming during these months of the year. Briggs is on the varsity team and is completely enjoying it. I really wish I could say the same, but I can say that I enjoy supporting him and the team this year. It is a basically young team with most wrestlers being sophomores, but none the less... it has made for an fun filled season!!
The picture I'm posting is of the Plattsmouth tourney and this pic is a little gift to me as a parent of one of the other wrestlers snapped the shot for me as we weren't there at that particular time. Confession: I can only take the matches for so long... it un nerves me to hear grown men come unglued over the ref's calls and show such unsportsmanlike attitudes. Anyway, because we had had enough this particular match... we got out-a there... and look what we missed. We learned our lesson!! Briggs is wrestling varsity, 112 pounds and he is sooo proud of that weight gain!! He is 15 going to be 16 in May... where has all the time gone??!! Sure do love this boy of mine!!

No comments: