Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SUMMER... where did it go??!!



Summer... sunshine, flowers, blue skies, green grass, birds and bird feeders, children playing in the yard and squeeling with delight, bikes, lemonade, picnics, traveling, sprinklers, popsicles and ice cream trucks... all these things have slowed down down now... the best time of year is now leading into that time of year that we call FALL... and when I think of fall... I think of school, cool weather, coats and jackets, and worst of all... FOOTBALL... You'd think with a High Schooler here at home who plays in the band that football season would put a smile on my face... and I do smile when I think of Briggs playing music for the games... and this year I will actually be able to see Briggs' face while he's out there because he is playing the drums this year... but this year is sort of starting off sad for me... why... because this week I went with Briggs and we picked up his letterman jacket... that's smile worthy... YES, but then the realization hit... he is now a Junior in HS, only two more years left of that... I thought that when I saw him in his jacket I would be excited, which I have to admit... he looks awesome in his jacket... but boy does it stand as a marker for this season in my life... the time has really marched on and so it is that he is starting his Junior year of HS, I'm now 50 years old... fall is here or will be here shortly... and dang it... I'm just feeling my age right now!! =) But... Life is Good!!

1 comment:

Tammy Ener said...

You are a wonderful writer. I enjoy your blog.